My daughter keeps on asking me everyday what’s new for snacks with evening chai? So yesterday when she said that she is bored of eating bhujia with evening chai, I decided as a mom, let’s make something healthy as well as yummy for my daughter. So I tried whole wheat coconut cookies!! What a hit it was with my entire family…I ended up making second batch of cookies in half an hour :):). Here is the recipe in case you would like to try freshly baked coconut cookies for your family:
Whole Wheat Flour : 1 cup
Suji : 1/2cup
Ghee : 1/2 cup
Crushed sugar : 1/2 cup
Coconut: 1/2 cup
Walnut or Almond: As per the number of cookies made ( to be put on the top of the cookies)
Milk: 3-4 tbsp
Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
1) Mix ghee and sugar together thoroughly with a spoon so that the mixture becomes a little fluffy.
2) Add coconut powder and mix it.
3) Add whole wheat four, suji, baking soda and milk and make a dough from it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes covering the dough with muslin cloth.
4) In the meantime, preheat oven at 180 degree.
5) Make circular balls from the dough and press each round ball a little from the center. In the center, then put walnut or almond in the center.
6) Then bake the cookies for 20 minutes in the oven.
Jhatpat whole wheat healthy cookies are ready to eat ..Serve them hot with a garma garam chai as evening snacks!!