Today I prepared a very simple yet tasty breakfast for my family which is healthy as well as a jhatpat recipe :).
Whole wheat flour: 1 bowl
Semolina ( Sooji): 2 tablespoon
Crushed sugar: 1/2 bowl
Chopped drynuts : 2 tablespoon
Cardamom powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Powder: 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil : 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoon
- Mix whole wheat flour, semolina and water in a large size bowl to make a thin batter. Add chopped dry nuts, coconut powder and cardamom powder. Properly beat/mix the mixture to make batter without lumps.
- Put pan on the gas and sprinkle oil in it. Add 1 small bowl batter and spread as much as possible to make thin pancake. Cook both sides properly on medium flame.
- Take out the cooked whole wheat pancake in a plate.
Serve garma garam whole wheat pancake with tomato sauce or any chutney as you like.
Navvarsh Vikram Samvat 2073 ki Shubkamnaye……may we all get good health and prosperity in this year
I welcome this year and navratri with super special BANANA BARFI……again health bhi taste bhi and also appropriate for fasting……Enjoy and be happy
Ripe Banana – 4 pieces
Milk- 1and 1/2 bowl
Crushed Sugar – 1 bowl
Cardamom Powder – 5-6 pieces
Nuts (Almonds or Pista) – 10-12 pieces Sliced
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- First mesh banana properly.
- Put pan on the gas then add milk and boil it on medium flame
- Add mesh banana in milk the stir continuously till mixture becomes thick
- Add ghee and crushed sugar then saute it properly for 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut powder and Saute it on medium flame for 3-5 minutes till it started bind up then put off gas.
- Take a deep flat thali (plate) and brush ghee on the flat part. Now put the mixture in a thali and spread it out on the thali evenly. Sprinkle dry nuts and cardamom powder. Now put it in fridge for 1-2 hours to solidify it.
- Take it out tray and cut pieces of any size as you want.
Sheetla Ashatmi preparation…..starts with sweet khaja and many to go…..
Awesome idea….something different from traditional menu for sheetla Ashatmi…..
All purpose flour (Maida): 1 bowl
Ghee: 1/4 bowl
Ghee and Maida- 2 tsp each separately.
Chopped Pistachio (Pista)-2 tbsp
Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder-1/2 tsp
Crushed sugar-1 bowl
Vegetable oil or ghee for deep fry
- Prepare a tight dough with warm water by mixing ¼ ghee.
- Cover it with a slightly wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Make three circular balls and roll it into a big thin circular chapatti.
- Make mixture of 2 tsp each of ghee and maida properly without lumps.
- Put one circular chapatti then coating of ghee maida mixture properly then put second chapatti on it and does coating of ghee maida mixture and put third chapatti on it and does again coating of ghee maida mixture.
- Now roll it equally then cut into ½ inches pieces and press with hand.
- Put the pan on the gas and add vegetable oil the heat on medium flame. Put chirote in the oil then fry them on low flame till it becomes browny from both sides. Take out and cool it.
- Mix sugar and water and boil it for 7-10 minutes to make sugar syrup of one tar chasni. To taste one tar chasni by taking one drop of sugar syrup between thumb and finger.
- Dip chirote in sugar syrup properly and take it out in plate
- Garnish with Pista and cardamom powder.
If you do not want to make sugar syurp, then sprinkle sugar on hot chirote and mix properly then garnish with dry nuts.