Today, I cooked aaloo baingan ( potato brinjal) bhaji in lunch which is my hubby’s favourite.
Chopped Potato (Aaloo): 1 bowl
Chopped Brinjal (Baingan): 1 bowl
Chopped Onion: ½ bowl
Chopped Tomato: ½ bowl
Ginger Paste: 1 tablespoon
Chopped Green Chili: 1 tablespoon
Oil: 4 tablespoons
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
Spices as per taste: Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Kasuri Methi, Asafoetida, Cumin Seeds.
- Put a pan on gas, add oil then heat it on medium flame and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add ginger paste and sauté it.
- Add chopped onion and tomato and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder to the pan and mix them well then add ½ bowl water. Cook it till the oil separates out.
- Add chopped potato and brinjal then mix it and cover it with plate. Cook it for 15-20 minutes on low flame. Check it a few times in between.
- Take out the Aaloo brinjal bhaji in the bowl and garnish with coriander leaves
Spicy Aaloo brinjal bhaji is ready to serve with parantha phulka, rice or tandoori roti
Paneer Cubes: 200 gm
Cashew nut and almond paste: ½ bowl
Chopped Onion: ½ Bowl
Chopped Ginger: 1 small piece
Chopped Green Chili: 1 piece
Milk: ½ cup
Curd: 1/2 cup
Pure Ghee or Butter: 4 tablespoons
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Cummin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder: 2teaspoons
Asafoetida: one pinch
Whole Garam Masala (cinnamon, Cardamom: small and large size) Cloves
Kasuri Methi: 2 tablespoons
Cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon or as per taste
- Take 4 tablespoons pure ghee in a pan and heat it on medium flame then add asafoetida and cumin seeds. When started to sprinkle, add whole garam masala, then coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and kasuri methi and sauté it
- Add chopped onions, green chilli and ginger then cook it for 8-10 minutes on medium flame
- Add cashew nuts and almond paste and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- When ghee separates from sides then add milk. Mix it properly
- Add curd and mix it properly then bring the medium flame down to low flame.
- Add paneer cubes to the mixture. Mix it properly.
- Now garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve Rajwadi Paneer with garma garam tandoori roti or paratha or naan to your family and friends.
Today I made Kair (tenti or dela or teet) ki Sabji, kuch khatti, kuch teekhi 🙂
Fresh Kair- 1 bowl/ 200 gm
Salt-4 teaspoon or as per your taste
Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoon
Spices ( As per taste)- Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Asafetida, Cumin Seeds and Kalonji as per your taste
- Wash kair properly and keep it for 2 days in water. Now take it out from water and again keep in fresh water after mixing 1.5 teaspoon salt and keep it for 3 days .
- You can again take it from salty water and keep the kair in fresh water after mixing1.5 teaspoon salt and keep it for 3 days to reduce bitterness of kair.
- Drain the water and remove the stem (danthal). Dry it on muslin cloth for two hours.
- Put pan on gas and add oil, asafetida, kalonji and cumin seeds, Saute it on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kair and add all spices as per your taste and sauté it properly for 4-5 minutes on medium flame for proper mixing. Put off the gas.
Now Kair ki sabzi is ready to serve with thandi poori and thande paranthe! Enjoy..
Note: This is not Achaar
After festival simple, after all we all need break from sweets, and rich food and good option for lunch….. Muli Palak sabji with garma garam chapati……….so try this and give your feedback.
Chopped leaves and Radish (Muli)- 1 bowl
Chopped Spinach (palak) -2 bowl
Chopped Ginger and green chilli paste-1 tbsp
Spices- salt-1 tsp, red chilli powder-1 tsp, coriander powder-2tbsp, turmeric powder-1/2 tsp, garam masala-1/2tsp ajawain-1/2 tsp, and Hing-pinch
Vegetable oil-2 tbsp
- Washed chopped leaves and reddish and spinach properly then put up in the cooker. Heat on high flame and take one whistle. Put off gas.
- Take it out from cooker and squeezed it out water from it.
- Put pan on the gas and add oil then heat on medium flame. Add Hing and ajawain then sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and sauté it for 2-3 minutes then add ginger green chilly paste and sauté it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all spices then sauté it till oil separated from sides then add boiled reddish and spinach and mixed it properly on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Put off gas.
Muli palak subji is ready to serve
To day I cook palak methi paneer in dinner .which my family like n enjoy.
Spinach (Palak): 250 gm
Green Methi leaves: 100 gm.
Onion: 2 small pieces
Tomato: 2 small pieces
Green Chili: 1 piece
Ginger: 1 piece
Garlic: 2 individual cloves
Ghee or Clarified Butter or oil : 1 tablespoon
Paneer: 200 gm
Malai or cream; 1/2 bowl
Cashew nuts paste or powder: 8-10 pieces
Spices: Salt, Red Pepper powder, Mustard Seeds, Coriander powder, Garam Masala as per taste.
- Grind Onion, Tomatoes, Ginger, Green Chili and Garlic in a grinder.
- In a deep pan, boil spinach and methi for 10 minutes in water.
- Take out spinach and methi then grind it in a grinder. Don’t throw the water away.
- Take a deep pan, add pure ghee and heat it. Add mustard seeds to it and then add the onion tomato paste in it.
- Saute the paste till it starts to leave ghee on the sides. As soon as it does that, add all the spices mentioned above and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach methi paste to it. You can add the boiled water from spinach and methi earlier as per the thickness required in the gravy. Saute it now for 5-7 minutes till it comes to a boil.
- Cut the paneer into cubes and now add paneer cubes to the gravy above. Saute it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add cream or malai to palak methi paneer along with cashew nut paste to add richness to palak paneer.
Sprinkle grated paneer on the top for garnishing and enjoy yummy palak methi paneer subji with paratha, phulka and tandoori roti.
Aaj ki extra special and Rajasthani famous Sabzi…”Green Dana Methi Gatte”
Besan ( Gram Flour): 2 cups
Green Boiled Dana Methi : 2 tbsp
Curd: 1/2 cup ( plus one bowl of water in it)
Chopped Tomato: 1 piece
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1tbsp
Chopped Coriander leaves and green chill: 2 tbsp
Oil: as per your choice
Spices: Tej patta, Garam Masala, Ajwain, Red Pepper, Turmeric, Coriander powder,whole coriander, Asofetida or Hing, Dal Cheeni
- Rajasthani Gatte -Take besan ( gram flour) and mix salt, hing (asofetida), red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and fennel seeds powder. Also add one tablespoonful oil. Add little water and make dough of it. Make long rolls out of it . Boil it for 12-15 minutes in water. Cut the roll now in small round pieces.
- Take a pan and add oil in it. When it is heated, add whole garam masala, whole coriander, jeera and hing in it.
- Now add ginger garlic paste along with chopped tomato in it, Heat it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the spices mentioned above. Heat then till the mixture starts to leave oil on the sides.
- Add boiled green danamethi methi and gatte in it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes and now add curd to it. Heat and stir the mixture till it properl.y mixed. Put off gas.
- Garnish wit coriander leaves and green chilli
Enjoy the garma garam met Rajasthani special Green dana methi gatte with parathe or fulke or Rice!!