Dahi ki mogar ki sabji…… this is a Jodhpuri special sabzi and very famous . Very easy recipe and no need to mention its yummylicious in taste!
Moong Lentils (Mogar Dal): ½ bowl
Fresh Curd: 4 tablespoon
Chopped Tomato, Ginger and Green Chili: 1/2 bowl
Chopped Coriander for garnishing
Spices: Salt: 1 teaspoon, Red Chili Powder: 1/2 teaspoon, Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoon, Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon, Garam Masala: 1/2 teaspoon, Cummins seeds-1/2 teaspoon and asafetida- pinch)
Pure Ghee or Butter: 2 tablespoon
- Wash the moong dal or lentils properly and soak in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put pan on the gas. Add ghee and heat on medium flame. Add asafetida and cumin seeds. Sauté it till it starts to crackle.
- Now add turmeric and coriander powder. Add chopped tomato mixture and cook it till ghee is separated from it. Add red chili powder and salt . Mix it properly.
- Add soaked moong dal, 1.5 glass water and cover it with plate. Cook it on low flame for 25 -30 minutes.
- Add curd and mix it properly and put off gas. Add garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Dahi Mogar is ready to serve with butter roti or naan or phulka or lachha parantha!!
Thandi Thandi Paan (Betel) wali Ice Cream!!!
My daughter wanted a new variant of ice cream ( not the usual one last
Like vanilla , butter scotch or kulfi).,
So I decided to surprise her with this new variant as she likes paan a lot!!!
Milk: 3 cup
Milk Powder: 1 cup
Cream or Malai: 1 cup
1/2 cup: Crushed Sugar or as per taste
Corn Flour: 3 tsp
Chopped Betel leaves (Pan): 2
1) Take the milk powder and corn flour and mix or beat it with a little water so that it becomes smooth in texture.
2) Pour milk in a deep pan and put it on stove or gas. Now add the milk powder & corn flour mixture.
3) Keep stirring the milk till it starts boiling.
4) Take the pan off from the gas and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
5) Now in a mixer, add the milk, sugar, malai or cream, betel leaves and gulkand. Now start the mixer and let it mix. Switch off the mixer. Do this for 4-5 times so that it properly gets mixed. (In case you don’t have mixer, then add all this in a bowl and mix it with hand for 3~5 minutes. The ice cream will still come out to be soft)
7) Now pour in ice cream mould or box and freeze it in the freezer. In 8-10 hours, soft and delicious Betel ice cream is ready to eat.
8) Take it out from freezer and `cut in pieces or scoop it out and serve it.
Aaj ki extra special and Rajasthani famous Sabzi…”Green Dana Methi Gatte”
Besan ( Gram Flour): 2 cups
Green Boiled Dana Methi : 2 tbsp
Curd: 1/2 cup ( plus one bowl of water in it)
Chopped Tomato: 1 piece
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1tbsp
Chopped Coriander leaves and green chill: 2 tbsp
Oil: as per your choice
Spices: Tej patta, Garam Masala, Ajwain, Red Pepper, Turmeric, Coriander powder,whole coriander, Asofetida or Hing, Dal Cheeni
- Rajasthani Gatte -Take besan ( gram flour) and mix salt, hing (asofetida), red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and fennel seeds powder. Also add one tablespoonful oil. Add little water and make dough of it. Make long rolls out of it . Boil it for 12-15 minutes in water. Cut the roll now in small round pieces.
- Take a pan and add oil in it. When it is heated, add whole garam masala, whole coriander, jeera and hing in it.
- Now add ginger garlic paste along with chopped tomato in it, Heat it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the spices mentioned above. Heat then till the mixture starts to leave oil on the sides.
- Add boiled green danamethi methi and gatte in it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes and now add curd to it. Heat and stir the mixture till it properl.y mixed. Put off gas.
- Garnish wit coriander leaves and green chilli
Enjoy the garma garam met Rajasthani special Green dana methi gatte with parathe or fulke or Rice!!