Today I made apple jam on demand of my little champ. He likes it very much…
Grated Apple: 1 bowl (You can use any color apple)
Sugar: 3/4 bowl or as per your choice
Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
Salt: one pinch or as per your choice
- Put a pan on gas, then add grated apple and cook it for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir continuously for 15-20 minutes or till it becomes thick and changes color or separates from sides of the pan.
- Put the gas off and add lemon juice, then mix it properly.
- Cool it, then fill in the air tight jar and keep it in fridge.
If you want to keep it outside, then add citric acid ½ teaspoon instead of lemon juice.
Now it is ready to serve with puri, parantha, khakhra bread etc.
Mirchi ka achaar (pickle) with lemon without oil is made instantly and is one of the tastiest achaar that you will have…How do I know?
Because this is served every time, a guest comes to our home and till date everyone has asked its recipe at the end. The best thing about this achaar is that it can be made in 5 minutes. Here is the recipe:
Chopped Green Chilli: 1 bowl
Lemon juice: 4 tablespoons
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Black Salt: 1 teaspoon
Crushed Fennel Seeds: 2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1 tablespoon
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Asafetida: 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix lemon juice in chopped green chilli.
- Add all the spices mentioned above.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Put it in a jar and keep it in fridge.
Use this achaar within 10-15 days.
Note: Spices can be added as per your taste and requirement.
Serve this yummy achaar with Parathas or Rajasthani Baati …Enjoy!!!!
Chinese Bhel……..A new preparation for you!
Bored by trying the age old noodles…Try this one…. Crunchier…You will simply love it!
Hakka Noodles or multi grain noodles or whole wheat: 200 gm
Mixed chopped Vegetables: 1 bowl Capsicum (red, yellow and green), Onion, Tomato, Carrot and Cabbage)
Tomato Sauce: 4 tablespoon
Chili Sauce: 2 tablespoon
Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Spices (as per taste): Salt, Black Pepper and White Pepper
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoon
Oil for frying as per requirement
Spring Onion for garnishing
Quantity of Sauce may be according to your taste
- Take Half boiled noodles and then sieve it with chilled water properly.
- Put pan on gas and add oil for frying noodles. Heat on medium flame then add noodles and fry it till they become pink. Take it out on bloating paper so excess oil is absorbed.
- Put another pan on the gas and add 2 tbsp oil. Heat on medium flame. Add garlic paste and sauté it. Add chopped vegetables and sauté it for 3-5 minutes. Add one by one sauce and vinegar and sauté it.
- Crush noodles by light hand and add them in vegetable mixture and mix properly.
- Garnish with spring onion.
Chinese Bhel is ready to serve to your family and friends. Enjoy!
Today I prepared a very simple yet tasty breakfast for my family which is healthy as well as a jhatpat recipe :).
Whole wheat flour: 1 bowl
Semolina ( Sooji): 2 tablespoon
Crushed sugar: 1/2 bowl
Chopped drynuts : 2 tablespoon
Cardamom powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Powder: 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil : 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoon
- Mix whole wheat flour, semolina and water in a large size bowl to make a thin batter. Add chopped dry nuts, coconut powder and cardamom powder. Properly beat/mix the mixture to make batter without lumps.
- Put pan on the gas and sprinkle oil in it. Add 1 small bowl batter and spread as much as possible to make thin pancake. Cook both sides properly on medium flame.
- Take out the cooked whole wheat pancake in a plate.
Serve garma garam whole wheat pancake with tomato sauce or any chutney as you like.
Yesterday afternoon, I prepared the evergreen special dahi papdi chaat for kids. How do you like it?
All purpose flour (Maida): 1/2 bowl
Wheat Flour: 1/2 bowl
Semolina Flour (Sooji): 1/2 bowl
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil: 4 tablespoon for moin
Vegetable oil for frying
Boiled Black Whole or Kabuli Chana : 1 bowl
Boiled Chopped Potato- 1 bowl
Chopped Onion, Kheera, Green Chili and Coriander: 1 bowl
Baked Pea Nuts-1 tablespoon
Nylon Sev: 1/2 bowl
Coriander Chutney: 4 tablespoon
Tamarind Sweet Chutney: 4 tablespoon
Mashed Curd: 1 bowl or as you like
Spices: Salt, Red Chili powder and Chaat Masala as per your taste
- Mix all purpose and wheat flour in one bowl. Add salt, oil and water to make normal dough like we make for Indian pooris. Cover with muslin cloth for 30-45 minutes.
- Make small round balls and roll them a little to flatten them like very small pooris. These are called papdis. It should be even from all sides. Prick the papdis with fork.
- Put pan on the gas. Add oil and heat the oil on high flame till smoking point. Now slow down the flame.
- Now put papdis in oil and fry on both side till it becomes crispy. It should be fried slowly on low flame. Take it out from pan on the skimmer or jhar. Cool them down.
- Take papdis in the plate and add boiled kabuli chane, peanuts, chopped vegetables over the papdis. Garnish with curd, coriander, tamarind chutney, nylon sev and spices.
Now the evergreen Indian Snack Papdi Chat is ready to serve. Enjoy it with your family.
Home made pizza….yummy!!!
Try this pizza recipe and I am sure you will love this…..
So no to traditional dinner and yes to pizza in this summer holidays….
Pizza Base : 2
Tomato : 4 piece
Chopped Onion: 4 piece
Chopped Capsicum : 1 bowl
Chopped Cabbage: 1 bowl
Tomato Sauce , Pizza Sauce ( to be spread on base as per taste)
Grated Cheeses : 4 cubes
Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Red Chilli Flakes, Oregano.
1) Spread tomato sauce on pizza base.
2) Now spread pizza sauce on it.
3) Spread grated cheese on the base.
4) Spread chopped cabbage, capsicum and onion on the cheese. Now put slices on tomato on it.
5) Add salt, black pepper, red chilli flakes and oregano.
6) Now sprinkle grated cheese over it.
7) Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Now bake the pizza for 20 minutes.
8) If you want the pizza to be more spicy, then you can also add red chilli sauce over it.
Serve the pizza hot to your children and family. Enjoy!!!!
So its summer time and kids always enjoy new breakfast dishes. My daughter is currently visiting me and she demanded a new breakfast dish yesterday morning!!
So I decided to make bread katori chaat for her as she is a huge fan of chaat items.
Bread Slice: 4-6
Chopped Tomato: ½ bowl
Chopped Onion: ½ bowl
Chopped Tri Color Capsicum: 1 bowl (finely cut)
Chopped Carrot: ½ bowl
Boiled Sweet corn: ½ bowl
Chopped Green Chili: ½ tbsp
Mashed curd: ½ bowl
Green Coriander Chutney and Sweet Tamarind Chutney (to be spread on base as per taste)
Chopped Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
Nylon Sev : 1 tbsp
Spices (As per taste): Salt, Black Pepper, Red Chili Flakes and Chat Masala Powder or mixed herbs.
1) Take a slice of bread and flatten it out with a roller (belan).Now keep the slice in the muffin mould and press it so that it can take the shape of the muffin mould and become like a bread katori.
2) Brush the inside of the bread katori with ghee.
3) Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Bake the bread with the muffin mould for 15 minutes. Take it out when the bread katori starts turning brown.
4) Mix all chopped vegetables, both the chutney and spices in bowl.
5) Remove the bread katori from the muffin moulds and put mix vegetable mixture inside the ring.
6) Garnish with curd, green coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
Sprinkle the bread katori with chopped coriander and nylon sev. Serve the bread katori hot with your family.