Pieces of Kaccha Aam (Keri or raw mango):1 bowl /250 gm.
Mustard oil or as per your choice: 125 ml or 1/4 bowl
Salt:2 teaspoons or as per your taste
Fenugreek seeds: 2 teaspoons
Fennel seeds: 2 teaspoons
Yellow mustard dal:2 teaspoons
Black seeds (Kalonji): ½ teaspoon or as per taste
Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon or as per the taste
Turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon or as per the taste
Asafoetida (heeng): ¼ teaspoon or as per the taste
Cumin seeds (zeera): 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
[You can use readymade aachar masala (80 gm. or as per your taste) which is available in the market in place of above spices.]
- Ensure that you wash Kaccha Aam properly before cutting into pieces.
- Put Kaccha Aam pieces in one bowl then add spices except asafoetida, kalonji, and cumin seeds. Mix it properly with spoon.
- Put a pan on gas and add oil, asafoetida, kalonji, and cumin seeds then heat on medium flame. Put the gas off. Cool it.
- Now add oil in Kaccha Aam and spices mixture and mix it properly so that oil floats on top of the pickle in the jar.
- Fill it in air tight jar.
Serve with cold paratha, bread, mathri and khakra etc.!!
Today I made jhatpat (quick) Lemon ka aachar which everyone in my family likes…
Lemon: 250 gm
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoons or as per your choice
Kalonji: 1/4 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder: ½ tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Asafetida (heeng): ¼ teaspoon
Salt: 4 tablespoons
Dardari (Semi-Grounded) Black Pepper: ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Wash the lemons thoroughly and steam them for 10-15 minutes. Take out and cool them.
- Cut the lemons in four pieces and remove the seeds in them.
- Now put a pan on the gas and add oil and heat it.
- Add heeng, mustard seeds and kalonji and sauté. Then add all spices in it and mix it properly. Put the gas off.
- Mix spicy masala with lemon pieces properly in a bowl then put them into an air tight jar.
Today I made apple jam on demand of my little champ. He likes it very much…
Grated Apple: 1 bowl (You can use any color apple)
Sugar: 3/4 bowl or as per your choice
Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
Salt: one pinch or as per your choice
- Put a pan on gas, then add grated apple and cook it for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir continuously for 15-20 minutes or till it becomes thick and changes color or separates from sides of the pan.
- Put the gas off and add lemon juice, then mix it properly.
- Cool it, then fill in the air tight jar and keep it in fridge.
If you want to keep it outside, then add citric acid ½ teaspoon instead of lemon juice.
Now it is ready to serve with puri, parantha, khakhra bread etc.
Mirchi ka achaar (pickle) with lemon without oil is made instantly and is one of the tastiest achaar that you will have…How do I know?
Because this is served every time, a guest comes to our home and till date everyone has asked its recipe at the end. The best thing about this achaar is that it can be made in 5 minutes. Here is the recipe:
Chopped Green Chilli: 1 bowl
Lemon juice: 4 tablespoons
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Black Salt: 1 teaspoon
Crushed Fennel Seeds: 2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1 tablespoon
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Asafetida: 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix lemon juice in chopped green chilli.
- Add all the spices mentioned above.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Put it in a jar and keep it in fridge.
Use this achaar within 10-15 days.
Note: Spices can be added as per your taste and requirement.
Serve this yummy achaar with Parathas or Rajasthani Baati …Enjoy!!!!
Sunday’s are fun day..Let’s have a traditional dish with a bit of Tadka added to it..Today’s dish……
A bit of Tadka and a bit fun makes up for an enjoyable Sunday….
Semolina: 1/2 bowl
Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
Eno: 3/4 teaspoon
Ginger Paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chili Paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Curd: 3-4 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Water: 1 bowl
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Pinch of Salt
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Green Chili: 2-4 long cut pieces
Curry leaves: 10-12
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients and spices mentioned above suji except Eno. Blend the mixture with hand blender.
- Add 1 bowl of water to it. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Boil 4 bowl water in steamer
- Now add Eno in batter to it and mix it thoroughly till it becomes fluffy.
- Immediately, add this batter in Idli moulds and put it in steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Put a knife inside oats idli and take it out to see if it is properly cooked. If the idli is not sticking to the knife, then the idli has been cooked.
- Now take it out of steamer and put it aside for cooling (It will look like as shown in the picture below). Take it out oats idli from the moulds.
- For tadka, take a deep pan and add oil to it. Once it becomes hot, add mustard seeds and asafetida to it then add lots of curry leaves and green chili to it.
- Pour this tadka with a spoon on all oats idli . Garnish it with green chili and coriander leaves.
Serve soft, spongy and tasty Oats Idli with green chutney and garma garam chai!!!
Dedicated to the occasion of my brother’s 25th wedding anniversary, I made this very special Shahi Pudding for them to enjoy this festive and landmark occasion.
Custard Powder: ½ bowl
Milk: 1 bowl
Vanilla Ice cream (Any flavor that you like): 1 bowl
Sweet Cake or Plain cake which you like: 1 small packet
Any creamy Biscuit or flavor that you like
Fruits: Mango Apple, Grapes, Blackberry etc. (whatever is available in your household)
Multi Flavored Fruit Jelly: 2 tablespoon
Chocolates Chips for garnishing
- In custard, add two teaspoon milk and mix the custard thoroughly. Now add the mixed custard in one bowl of milk. Now heat it and mix it for 5-7 minutes. Add sugar to it and mix it completely.
- Now heat one bowl of water and add two tablespoon of fruit jelly to it. Heat the water for 5-7 minutes till it comes to a boil. Now put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take a big transparent pudding bowl and now make layers in this order:
- Chopped Fruits
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Small Pieces of Cake
- Fruit jelly
- Whatever is remaining, add that now in layers
- Vanilla Ice cream
Now garnish it with chocolate chips.
The yummy Shahi Pudding is ready to eat. Enjoy!!!!
Chinese Bhel……..A new preparation for you!
Bored by trying the age old noodles…Try this one…. Crunchier…You will simply love it!
Hakka Noodles or multi grain noodles or whole wheat: 200 gm
Mixed chopped Vegetables: 1 bowl Capsicum (red, yellow and green), Onion, Tomato, Carrot and Cabbage)
Tomato Sauce: 4 tablespoon
Chili Sauce: 2 tablespoon
Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Spices (as per taste): Salt, Black Pepper and White Pepper
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoon
Oil for frying as per requirement
Spring Onion for garnishing
Quantity of Sauce may be according to your taste
- Take Half boiled noodles and then sieve it with chilled water properly.
- Put pan on gas and add oil for frying noodles. Heat on medium flame then add noodles and fry it till they become pink. Take it out on bloating paper so excess oil is absorbed.
- Put another pan on the gas and add 2 tbsp oil. Heat on medium flame. Add garlic paste and sauté it. Add chopped vegetables and sauté it for 3-5 minutes. Add one by one sauce and vinegar and sauté it.
- Crush noodles by light hand and add them in vegetable mixture and mix properly.
- Garnish with spring onion.
Chinese Bhel is ready to serve to your family and friends. Enjoy!