Today I made apple jam on demand of my little champ. He likes it very much…
Grated Apple: 1 bowl (You can use any color apple)
Sugar: 3/4 bowl or as per your choice
Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
Salt: one pinch or as per your choice
- Put a pan on gas, then add grated apple and cook it for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir continuously for 15-20 minutes or till it becomes thick and changes color or separates from sides of the pan.
- Put the gas off and add lemon juice, then mix it properly.
- Cool it, then fill in the air tight jar and keep it in fridge.
If you want to keep it outside, then add citric acid ½ teaspoon instead of lemon juice.
Now it is ready to serve with puri, parantha, khakhra bread etc.
Today, I made kaccha aam panna (raw mango juice) which is a favorite of my family members and friends, and it also beats the summer heat.
Kaccha Aam: 2 pieces
Fresh Mint leaves: 12-15 or dry mint powder
Crushed Sugar: 1/2 bowl or as per taste
Ice cubes or crushed ice: 1 bowl
Spices: Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Black salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted Cummins seeds powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Boil Kaccha Aam in pressure cooker and take two whistles then put the gas off. Cool it for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out boiled kaccha aam and peel it.
- Take out the pulp in bowl and add 2-3 glasses of water, sugar and mint leaves then blend it with hand blender or in mixer.
- Add all spices to the above and mix it properly and then add ice in it.
Now Aam panna is ready to serve.
My daughter ( who is currently visiting me) decided to skip dinner yesterday, as a result I had leftover rotis in my kitchen. In the morning, she asked me to cook something tasty from it which she had not tried before. So I started thinking what can I make?
She loves mango, so I decided to surprise her with this yummy appetizer – Leftover Roti Nachos with Mango Salsa.
Wasn’t she surprised? Her surprised look combined with the big bright smile after eating it was a memory I will cherish forever.
Needless to say my mother’s day gift has already been given to me 🙂 🙂
Leftover Roti : 4 Rotis
Chopped Mango: ½ bowl
Chopped Onion: ½ bowl
Chopped Tomato: ½ bowl
Chopped Mint: 2 tbsp
Chopped Coriander: 2 tbsp
Chopped Green Chili: 1 tsp
Olive Oil: 1tsp
Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp
Spices (As per taste): Black Salt, Chaat Masala, Chili Flakes, Black Pepper
Leftover Roti Nachos Recipe:
- Cut rotis in rectangular shaped or triangle shaped pieces.
- Take a deep pan and deep fry cut roti pieces in vegetable oil on medium flame till they turn pinkish in color.
- After frying, let the fried pieces cool down.
Mango Salsa Recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients except roits together and add spices to it. Mix it well.
- Serve leftover roti nachos with this yummy mango salsa.
Enjoy this lovely dish with your family!!