Today I saw a lot of cornflakes (which were not being used since a long time) and thought of using them in a nice and delicious manner..
So presenting today – Leftover Cornflakes Seekh Kabab
Crushed Cornflakes: 2 bowl
Boiled Potato: 1 bowl
Chopped Veggies: 1 bowl (whatever is available)
Chopped Spinach: 2 tbsp
Coriander Leaves: ½ bowl
Grated Ginger and Chili: 2tbsp
Spices: Salt, Red Pepper, Garam Masala, Chaat Masala, Jeera Powder, Mango Powder.
1) Sprinkle water on crushed cornflakes and keep it aside for ten minutes. Keep some of the crushed cornflakes aside for coating.
2) Mix all the above ingredients in crushed cornflakes.
3) Now make long sized rolls of it. Now coat them on all sides with crushed cornflakes mixture.
4) Take a pan and shallow fry the rolls.
5) Garnish them with Zero Sev and Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Leftover Cornflakes Seekh Kabab is ready to be eaten and enjoyed with the family.
Today my daughter wanted a healthy but yummy dish.. so I came up with Crispy and Delicious Leftover Khichdi Roll in Airfryer…
Meri khichdi bhi use ho gayi and beti bhi khush :):):):)
Leftover Khichdi form last night Dinner ( 1 bowl)
Onion: 1 small piece
Cabbage: 1/4 piece
Capsicum: 1/2 piece
Spinach: One small bowl
Green Chili: 1 piece Ginger: 1 small piece
Gram Flour or Chickpea Flour: 2 tablespoon
Suji: 2 tbsp
Olive Oil: 1 teaspoon
Spices: Salt, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric, Garam Masala as per taste.
- Take one bowl of khichdi. Chop all the vegetables in small pieces and add them to the bowl of khichdi.
- Add gram flour to the mixture.
- You can also add grated cheese or paneer to the mixture as per taste.
- Mix all the spices mentioned above.
- Make the cutlets in round shape from the mixture. Add coating of suji on it by dipping the cutlets in suji.
- Grease them with oil lightly and then cook the khichdi roll from both the sides in airfryer. Preheat the airfryer at 180 degree and bake them for them 30 minutes. In case you don’t have air fryer, then you can cook them on flat pan or tava.
- Once it is cooked, serve it hot with tomato sauce and garnish the hot roll with zero sev.
GUEST RECIPE OF THE DAY BY KUMKUM MATHUR: CHEESE FINGERS AND MANGO SRIKHAND
One cup grated cheese
Half Cup Besan (gram flour)
Four slices of bread (cut into long pieces. )
Salt & Red chillies according to taste
1) Mix Besan , Cheese , Salt & chilli to make paste with light hand. Put paste on one side of bread slice & fry in oil on pasted side till light brown , serve with sprinkle black salt & black paper
MANGO SRIKHAND RECIPE:
1) Remove water from curd by using thin cloth to make it thick .Mix gentle one cup curd ,half cup butter, one cup mango paste & few drops of mango essence.
2) Serve with Kismish & cardamom power
My daughter got up late today in the morning..so she said with morning tea, Mom please make some tasty instant breakfast too…
So this got me thinking and I came up with the idea of Instant and healthy Bread Uttapam!!! Tasted yum and can be made in five minutes..:):)
Whole Wheat Bread : 4 slices
Sooji: 1 bowl
Fresh Curd: 1/2 bowl
Mixed chopped Vegetables: 1 bowl ( Capsicum, Onion , Tomato, Carrot or any vegetables that is available at home)
Green Chilli : 1 piece
Ginger: 1 piece
Spices ( as per taste): Salt, Red Chilli Powder, pinch of Turmeric Powder, Chaat Masala
Vegetable Oil: 1 tbsp
1) Cut the bread slices in round shape with cutter or a katori.
2) Mix sooji, curd , 2 bowl of water, chopped vegetables and all the spices mentioned above. Mix the batter and make sure it is thick.
3) Heat the pan and grease it well with oil or butter. Take the bread slice and apply the thick batter with a spoon on one side. Now put the slice on the pan with the side with the batter facing below. Apply the batter now on the side facing above.
4) Heat both the sides for 5~7 minutes on medium flame. Bread Uttapam is ready!!
Serve it hot with garmagaram chai and green chutney…Enjoy!!!!
My kids are always in a hurry in the morning ( well who is not 🙂 🙂 ), so I have to make jhatpat breakfast for them on weekdays.
Here is one such breakfast or snacks recipe ( SUJI FINGERS) that can be made quickly in the morning or evenings.
Breads :4 slices
Suji :1 bowl
Fresh Curd: 2 tablespoon
Green Chili: 1 piece
Water: 1 bowls
Spices: Salt, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala
- Add fresh curd to the sooji along with all the spices and mix it thoroughly. Now add water to the mixture and mix it again. Keep this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Take one piece of bread and dip it in this mixture.
- Take a non-stick pan and brush it with oil.Put the dipped bread in the pan and heat it from both the sides.
- Once it has been cooked from both the sides, cut it into long pieces. Sooji fingers are ready.
- Serve hot with garma garam chai and green chutney.
Today’s guest recipe of the day is by Kumkum Mathur.
Ingredients for Broccoli Roll:
Four medium boil potato
Half cup fine chopped broccoli
One TB spoon grated ginger
Two chopped green chili
Chopped coriander leaves
Half tea spoon salt
Red chili according to taste
Garam masala 1/4 tea spoon
One TB corn flour
Vegetable Oil for frying
Ingredients for topping or garnishing:
Half cup fine chopped broccoli
One tea spoon chopped garlic piece
One tea spoon oil
Small pieces of grated ginger , lemon juice , salt & black paper powder according to taste
1) Mix all in gradients & make roll & fry in vegetable oil.
2) For topping or garnishing, fry garlic pieces in oil till light brown. Add half cup broccoli & all ingredients mentioned above for 2 -3 minutes & garnish on rolls
It was a Sunday afternoon lunch and I had prepared rice along with chapati , palak paneer and dal makhani. Dal Makhani and Palak Paneer was so tasty that everybody ended up eating chapatis and rice was leftover in our house on that day. So to make use of the leftover rice,I decided to make a delicious snack of the leftover rice for snacks time. I ended up making yummy rice ke gatte for snacks. It was loved by my family and I hope you all will also enjoy it. The recipe is as follows:
Leftover Rice: 2 bowl
Onion: 2 pieces
Capsicum ( Any color): 1 piece
Ginger: 1 piece
Green Chili: 2 pieces
Chickpea flour or Besan: 4 tablespoon
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Spices as per taste: Salt, Red Chili Powder or Red Chili Flakes, Cumin Powder, Garam Masala, Mustard Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Asafetida.
- Chop onion, capsicum, ginger and green chili.
- Mix rice and chopped vegetables well. Mix chickpea flour or besan also. Besan acts as an binding agent so can be added as required.
- Add all the spices ( salt, red chili powder, turmeric ,asafetida and garam masala) in the mixture above and make a dough with the help of water.
- From this dough, make long rolls out of it.
5) In a steamer, place a pan and put these rolls for15-20 minutes.
6) Take the pan out and let it cool for some time. After that cut them in pieces as shown below.
7) Take a pan and add oil. Once the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds, asafetida, chopped green chili and curry leaves.
8) Add the tadka prepared above on the cut pieces. Garnish it with red chili flakes and cut coriander and serve them with green chutney.
Leftover Yummy Rice ke gatte are ready to be eaten. Enjoyy!!!!!