Kids these days are very particular about vegetables and my son is no exception. He is very particular about vegetables…but one sabzi he loves the most is arbi :):)
Whenever I ask him what should I make, he says masala arbi. So today I made CHATPATI MASALA ARBI just for him to ensure that he eats his lunch well.
Here is the recipe:
Arbi : 250 gm
Green Chili : 2 small pieces
Olive Oil: 4 tbsp
Masala/Spices ( As per taste): Salt, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Amchur Powder , Dry Pudina, Ajwain, Asafetida ( Hing)
1) Take arbi in a pressure cooker and add water. Heat it till one whistle.
2) Now drain the water and peel the outer layer from arbi.
3) Cut the arbi in two pieces.
4) Take every individual cut pieces and keep in the center of your palm. Now press each one of them so that they become round in shape.
5) Add oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot, add hing and ajwain.
6) Add arbi pieces and saute them for 5 minutes.
7) Now add all the spices mentioned above and mix the arbi well with masala.
8) Now cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
9) Garnish it with chopped onion and coriander leaves.
Enjoy chatpati masaledaar arbi with garma garam chapati…Yummmmm!!