Today I made jhatpat (quick) Lemon ka aachar which everyone in my family likes…
Lemon: 250 gm
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoons or as per your choice
Kalonji: 1/4 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder: ½ tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Asafetida (heeng): ¼ teaspoon
Salt: 4 tablespoons
Dardari (Semi-Grounded) Black Pepper: ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Wash the lemons thoroughly and steam them for 10-15 minutes. Take out and cool them.
- Cut the lemons in four pieces and remove the seeds in them.
- Now put a pan on the gas and add oil and heat it.
- Add heeng, mustard seeds and kalonji and sauté. Then add all spices in it and mix it properly. Put the gas off.
- Mix spicy masala with lemon pieces properly in a bowl then put them into an air tight jar.