Sunday’s are fun day..Let’s have a traditional dish with a bit of Tadka added to it..Today’s dish……
A bit of Tadka and a bit fun makes up for an enjoyable Sunday….
Semolina: 1/2 bowl
Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
Eno: 3/4 teaspoon
Ginger Paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chili Paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Curd: 3-4 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Water: 1 bowl
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Pinch of Salt
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Green Chili: 2-4 long cut pieces
Curry leaves: 10-12
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients and spices mentioned above suji except Eno. Blend the mixture with hand blender.
- Add 1 bowl of water to it. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Boil 4 bowl water in steamer
- Now add Eno in batter to it and mix it thoroughly till it becomes fluffy.
- Immediately, add this batter in Idli moulds and put it in steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Put a knife inside oats idli and take it out to see if it is properly cooked. If the idli is not sticking to the knife, then the idli has been cooked.
- Now take it out of steamer and put it aside for cooling (It will look like as shown in the picture below). Take it out oats idli from the moulds.
- For tadka, take a deep pan and add oil to it. Once it becomes hot, add mustard seeds and asafetida to it then add lots of curry leaves and green chili to it.
- Pour this tadka with a spoon on all oats idli . Garnish it with green chili and coriander leaves.
Serve soft, spongy and tasty Oats Idli with green chutney and garma garam chai!!!
Chinese Bhel……..A new preparation for you!
Bored by trying the age old noodles…Try this one…. Crunchier…You will simply love it!
Hakka Noodles or multi grain noodles or whole wheat: 200 gm
Mixed chopped Vegetables: 1 bowl Capsicum (red, yellow and green), Onion, Tomato, Carrot and Cabbage)
Tomato Sauce: 4 tablespoon
Chili Sauce: 2 tablespoon
Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Spices (as per taste): Salt, Black Pepper and White Pepper
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoon
Oil for frying as per requirement
Spring Onion for garnishing
Quantity of Sauce may be according to your taste
- Take Half boiled noodles and then sieve it with chilled water properly.
- Put pan on gas and add oil for frying noodles. Heat on medium flame then add noodles and fry it till they become pink. Take it out on bloating paper so excess oil is absorbed.
- Put another pan on the gas and add 2 tbsp oil. Heat on medium flame. Add garlic paste and sauté it. Add chopped vegetables and sauté it for 3-5 minutes. Add one by one sauce and vinegar and sauté it.
- Crush noodles by light hand and add them in vegetable mixture and mix properly.
- Garnish with spring onion.
Chinese Bhel is ready to serve to your family and friends. Enjoy!
Dahi ke kabab…..
High protein diet … A Middle Eastern cuisine…. brought to India centuries ago by the Mughals to Lucknow
Now very famous not only in Lucknow but all over in Indian restaurant….
Try this starter and enjoy your day…..
Hung Curd: 1 bowl
Grated Panner: 1/2 bowl
Roasted Gram dal Powder: 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves: 2 tbsp
Grated Chili: 1tsp
Spices: Salt, Red Pepper, Garam Masala, Chaat Masala and Jeera Powder
Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
1) Take all ingredients in one bowl and mix it properly.hung cur
2) Now make round shaped rolls of it.
3) Put pan on the gas then add oil and heat on medium flame
4) Put the rolls in the pan and do shallow fry on both sides.
Dahi Kabab is ready to be eaten with tomato sauce or any dip and enjoyed with the family.
Ragi Flour: 1/2 Bowl
Sooji: 1/2 bowl
Fresh Curd: 1/2 bowl
Mixed chopped Vegetables: 1 bowl (Capsicum, Onion, Tomato, Carrot or any vegetables that is available at home)
Green Chilli: 1 piece
Ginger: 1 piece
Chopped Coriander Leaves: 2 tbsp
Spices (as per taste): Salt, Red Chilli Powder, pinch of Turmeric Powder, Chaat Masala
Vegetable Oil: 1 tbsp
1) Mix Ragi, sooji, curd, 1 bowl of water, chopped vegetables and all the spices mentioned above and make sure batter is to be thick.
2) Heat the pan and grease it well with oil or butter. Put the batter on the pan. Then Give the round shape to the batter with the help of spoon.
3) Heat both the sides for 5~7 minutes on medium flame. Ragi Pancake is ready and cut with smiley cutter or any shape you want to give.
Serve it hot with coconut chutney, tomato sauce or any chutney to the kids…Enjoy!!!!
During summer vacations..so I decided to make something healthy yet tasty for my kids as sweets this time…kuch differnt ho jaye Cornflakes cookies …yummy and healthy both at the same time
Corn Flakes- Two Bowl
All purpose Flour- Half Bowl
Sugar- 1/4 Bowl
Un slated butter/Ghee- 1/4 Bowl
Milk-2 to 3 tablespoon
1) Churn Cornflakes in Mixer to make it dardara. Keep aside two tablespoonful dardara cornflakes for coating.
2) Mix unsalted butter or ghee and sugar together thoroughly with a spoon so that the mixture becomes a little fluffy.
3)Add all purpose flour, dardara cornflakes, baking Soda and Milk to make soft dough from it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes covering the dough with muslin cloth.
4)In the meantime, preheat oven at 180 degree.
5) Make circular balls from the dough.
6) Greece the tray
7) Do coating circular balls with dardara corn flakes.
8) Then bake the cookies for 20 minutes in the oven at 180 degree.
Jhatpat corn flakes healthy cookies are ready to eat ..Serve them hot with a garma garam chai as evening
Today I prepared a very simple yet tasty breakfast for my family which is healthy as well as a jhatpat recipe :).
Whole wheat flour: 1 bowl
Semolina ( Sooji): 2 tablespoon
Crushed sugar: 1/2 bowl
Chopped drynuts : 2 tablespoon
Cardamom powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Powder: 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil : 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoon
- Mix whole wheat flour, semolina and water in a large size bowl to make a thin batter. Add chopped dry nuts, coconut powder and cardamom powder. Properly beat/mix the mixture to make batter without lumps.
- Put pan on the gas and sprinkle oil in it. Add 1 small bowl batter and spread as much as possible to make thin pancake. Cook both sides properly on medium flame.
- Take out the cooked whole wheat pancake in a plate.
Serve garma garam whole wheat pancake with tomato sauce or any chutney as you like.
Summer Special”Chilled Mango Mix Fruit Cake”…
Chopped Mango-1 bowl or as per your requirement
Chopped Grapes- 1 bowl or any other fruits
Sugar-1/2 bowl or as per your taste
Chopped Almond-1 tbsp
Elaichi (Cardamom) powder-1/4 tsp
Chopped Pista (Pistachio)- 1 tsp
Fruit Cherry for garnishing
- Put chopped mango and grapes in fridger for 6-8 hours then take it out from fridge and keep it for 5 minutes outside.
- Put mango, grapes and sugar in the mixer and churn it to make smooth paste then add chopped dry nuts and cardamom powder and mixed it properly with spoon.
- Take it out in cake mould or bowl and keep it in fridger for 3-4 hours.
- Take out cake mould from fridge and separate the cake with help of knife and put on the plate.
- Garnish the cake with dry nuts and fruit cherry.
You should take it out from fridge when you want to eat.