Sheetla Ashatmi preparation…..starts with sweet khaja and many to go…..
Awesome idea….something different from traditional menu for sheetla Ashatmi…..
All purpose flour (Maida): 1 bowl
Ghee: 1/4 bowl
Ghee and Maida- 2 tsp each separately.
Chopped Pistachio (Pista)-2 tbsp
Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder-1/2 tsp
Crushed sugar-1 bowl
Vegetable oil or ghee for deep fry
- Prepare a tight dough with warm water by mixing ¼ ghee.
- Cover it with a slightly wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Make three circular balls and roll it into a big thin circular chapatti.
- Make mixture of 2 tsp each of ghee and maida properly without lumps.
- Put one circular chapatti then coating of ghee maida mixture properly then put second chapatti on it and does coating of ghee maida mixture and put third chapatti on it and does again coating of ghee maida mixture.
- Now roll it equally then cut into ½ inches pieces and press with hand.
- Put the pan on the gas and add vegetable oil the heat on medium flame. Put chirote in the oil then fry them on low flame till it becomes browny from both sides. Take out and cool it.
- Mix sugar and water and boil it for 7-10 minutes to make sugar syrup of one tar chasni. To taste one tar chasni by taking one drop of sugar syrup between thumb and finger.
- Dip chirote in sugar syrup properly and take it out in plate
- Garnish with Pista and cardamom powder.
If you do not want to make sugar syurp, then sprinkle sugar on hot chirote and mix properly then garnish with dry nuts.
Achaaaar…..dekhkar aaya Na muha me pani
So today I made some different ……….
Karele ka achaar we can eat on thanda sheetla Mata.
Bitter Gourd (Kerele): 6-8 Small Sizepieces
Vegetable Oil: 1 bowl or as per your choice
Readymade Achaar Masala (can be found in any grocery store in India)
If readymade achaar masala is not available, then use following spices:
Yellow Mustard Daal (peeli rai ki daal) – 2 tablespoon
Danamethi (Fenugreek seeds)- 2 tablespoon
Saunf -2 tablespoon
Kalaunji -1 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder – 2 tablespoon
Laung (Cloves) 3-4 pieces
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida (Hing) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 2 tablespoon
Grind all these spices in a grinder to get a powdered form.
- Wash the bitter gourd properly then peel it off.
- Slit the bitter gourd in centre and take out the seeds from it.
- Again wash the bitter gourd from inside properly under tap water to less bitterness. Dry it on muslin cloth for 2 hours
- Now put the oil in the Achaar masala and mix it properly then fill it in between the cut halves of bitter gourd.
- Put pan on the gas then add oil and heat on high flame. Put off gas when oil started smoke. Cool it.
- Now put into air tight jar then add oil to dip the bitter gourd. After three days, you can start to eat with garma garam paratha or puri or rice
- You can use upto one year.
If you don’t want to kept for more than 2-3 months period then do not dip bitter gourd in the oil and kept in fridge
On demand members, today i make Yummilicious mango Rabri
Chopped Mango-2 bowl or as per your taste
Sugar-1/4 bowl or as per your taste
Chopped Almond-1 tbsp
Elaichi (Cardamom) powder-1/4 tsp
Chopped Pista (Pistachio)- 1 tsp
- Put pan on gas, add milk and heat on medium flame. When milk boil and stir continuously with spoon till it becomes 1/3rd of quantity
- Add 1 bowl mango and sugar and half quantity of dry nuts then mixed it properly. Put off gas.
- Take it out in large size bowl then garnish wit remaining chopped mango and dry nuts.
- Keep it in fridge for 1-2 hours to make it cool and chilled.
Now Mango rabdi is ready to serve and enjoy with family and friends.
Green lentil (Daal) ke DokhleDokhla time….
Traditional and very common dish with a twist……I think dhokla is very common breakfast in our houses so try this new style of dhokla recipe and surprise your family…..
Green Moong dal (lentil)- 1 cup
Eno or Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Curd or Yogurt – 2 tsp
Ginger – 1 piece
Green Chili – 3-4 pieces
Vegetable Oil – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1/2 cup
Spices: Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Salt, Red chili Powder
Sesame seeds (til)-1 tsp for garnishing
- Soaked green dal in water for 4-6 hours then grind it in grinder with ginger and 2 piece of green chill alongwith ½ cup water.
- Add salt as per taste.
- If you have a steamer, add 1 glass of water in it and boil it. Add eno in the mixture now and put the mixture in the steamer pan and steam it. Cover the steamer with the lid and steam it for 15-20 minutes.
If you don’t have a steamer, take a pan, add water and use a 1-2 inch deep plate in which the mixture can be poured. Make sure to cover it with a lid or plate. After 15-20 minutes of steam, take the pan out and let it cool down.
- Cut the pieces in square shape.
- Now take oil in a pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Now add the square pieces in the pan. Add salt and red chili powder as per taste and mix it.
- For garnishing, add coriander leaves on the top and sesame seeds.
Serve them hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Hey good evening friends.
Yesterday I was in relax mood ……no tea …no coffee.
So I made Tomato Float for you.its very healthy and super cool.
Chopped Tomato -1 bowl
Chopped ginger and mint- 1 tbsp
Crushed Black pepper-1/4tsp
Black salt- 1/4 tsp
Crushed ice-1 bowl
Mint leaves for garnish
- Put chopped tomato, ginger and mint in grinder jar then grind it for 4-5 minutes to make juice then put in the glass.
- Add chat masala, black salt, black pepper and crushed ice then mix it properly with spoon.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Fresh Tomato float is ready to serve and enjoy with friends and family
After festival simple, after all we all need break from sweets, and rich food and good option for lunch….. Muli Palak sabji with garma garam chapati……….so try this and give your feedback.
Chopped leaves and Radish (Muli)- 1 bowl
Chopped Spinach (palak) -2 bowl
Chopped Ginger and green chilli paste-1 tbsp
Spices- salt-1 tsp, red chilli powder-1 tsp, coriander powder-2tbsp, turmeric powder-1/2 tsp, garam masala-1/2tsp ajawain-1/2 tsp, and Hing-pinch
Vegetable oil-2 tbsp
- Washed chopped leaves and reddish and spinach properly then put up in the cooker. Heat on high flame and take one whistle. Put off gas.
- Take it out from cooker and squeezed it out water from it.
- Put pan on the gas and add oil then heat on medium flame. Add Hing and ajawain then sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and sauté it for 2-3 minutes then add ginger green chilly paste and sauté it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all spices then sauté it till oil separated from sides then add boiled reddish and spinach and mixed it properly on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Put off gas.
Muli palak subji is ready to serve
Happy HOLI …….good afternoon
Meetha meetha …bahut ho gaya kuch Chatpata …. Tasty n jhatpat ho .aap sabke lia banaya
h !!! Sev Papadi.
Whole Wheat Aata: 200 gms
Maida: 100 gms
Salt: According to taste
Ajwain: 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee: 50 gms
Stuff sev Masala
Chopped Tomato: ½ bowl
Chopped Onion: ½ bowl
Capsicum: 1/2 bowl (finely cut)
Chopped Cucumber: ½ Bowl
Tomato Sauce or Pizza Sauce or Green chutney (to be spread on base as per taste)
Chopped green chilli: 1 tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts: 1/2 bowl
Nyoln sev: 1 bowl
Spices: Salt, Red Chilli Flakes, Chat masala powder and black salt.
- Prepare tight dough with warm water by mixing all the ingredients above.
- Cover it with a slightly wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Make small circular balls and roll it into circular shape.
- Now make hole with a knife in circular rolls.
- Put the pan on the gas and add vegetable oil the heat on medium flame.
- Put Papdi in the oil then fry it on medium flame till become browned from both sides. Take out and cool it.
- Mixed all ingredients of stuff sev masala in large bowl except nylon sev properly.
- Now put mixed stuff sev masala on each papadi then garnish with sev.
Sev Papdi is ready to serve