Happy Navratri to all my friends .
Sanwa Ki Kheer :
Sanwa Millet ( Sama) : 50 gm
Milk : 1/2 kg
Sugar : 100 gm
Almonds, Pistachios , Cardamom powder as per taste.
Saffron: 5-6 leaves
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Wash the sanwa millet and put it in boiled milk.
- Cook Sanwa at low heat for 15 minutes and then add sugar to it.
- After 5 minutes, take the pan off and mix saffron, cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios on top of it.
- The Kheer is now ready to be eaten.
Sanwa ka Upma:
Sanwa Millet : 100 gm
Potato: 1 piece
Green Chili: 1 piece
Ginger : 1 small piece
Fresh Coriander leaves and 1 piece of lime.
Sendha Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee: 1 Teaspoon
Ajwain : 1/2 teaspoon Ghee
- Put 1 teaspoon of ghee in a cooker and put ajwain seeds in it when ghee is hot.
- Put cut potatoes, ginger and green chili in it.
- Saute them and once it is done, put Sanwa Millet in it. Mix sendha namak in it.
- Put 3 bowls of water to it and close the lid of the cooker.
- After one whistle, take the cooker off.
- Once the steam cools down, take it in a bowl. Garnish it with corainder leaves and put lime juice as per taste.