I am often plagued by the question: What should I do of the leftover chapatis ??
For this, I decided to experiment with Leftover Roti Noodles combination. Yesterday I made them and my entire family just loved them. Here is the recipe for you..
Left over roti- 4 pieces
Chopped Onion- 1 bowl
Chopped capsicum (red or yellow or green)- 1 bowl
Chopped cabbage-1/2 bowl
Green chili paste-1 tsp
Red chili-1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Tumeric powder-1/4 tsp (as per choice)
Boondi and coriander for garnishing
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Lemon juice-two tsp
- Cut roti in equal long strips by sharp knife
- Take a pan and now add oil to it. Once the oil becomes hot, add hing and mustard seeds to it.
- Add onion to the pan. Saute it till it turns light brown in color.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and green chili paste mentioned above and saute them for 3-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add long roti strips to the vegetables and add all the spices mentioned.
- Mix them well and in the end add lime juice in it.
- Garnish them with boondi,bhujia and coriander leaves.Serve them hot.
Mango is known as the kings of fruit..but in my household it is the king of my kids hearts too:):)..they love having mango drinks especially in this hot hot weather!!
So today I made this healthy and quick Mango Yogurt Smoothy in breakfast for my son!!!
Out of the four glasses, my son said Mom-Dad, zero glass will be your share…
That yummy and delicious it was …
Mango-2 medium size
Milk- 1 Bowl
Sugar- as per taste
1 Cut pieces of mango and put them in mixer jar.Then add curd, milk and sugar.
2 Churn the above mixture for 1-2 minutes.
3 Add Cardamom powder and crushed ice then off and on churn.
4 Now put in the glasses and garnish it with crushed dry nuts.
It is ready to serve and enjoy with family.
Who doesn’t love Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream?
It’s my son’s favorite dessert every day. So here is the recipe for you all to share with your family and kids.
Milk : 3 cup
Milk Powder: 1 cup
Cream or Malai : 1 cup
3/4 cup : Crushed Sugar
Corn Flour: 3 tsp
Fresh Strawberry : 5-8
or Strawberry Crush – 2 tbsp
1) Take the milk powder and cornflour and mix or beat it with a little water so that it becomes smooth in texture.
2) Pour milk in a deep pan and put it on stove or gas. Now add the milk powder & corn flour mixture.
3) Keep stirring the milk till it starts boiling.
4) Take the pan off from the gas and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
5) Now in a mixer, add the milk, strawberry or strawberry crush and sugar. Now start the mixer and let it mix. Switch off the mixer.Do this for 4-5 times so that it properly gets mixed.
6) Now freeze it in the freezer. In 8-10 hours, soft and delicious ice cream is ready to eat.
Yesterday I baked whole wheat eggless orange cake for my friend’s birthday :):). Healthy ka Healthy and tasty ka tasty :):)
Whole Wheat Flour: 1 1/2 cup:
Sugar: 3/4 cup
Corn Flour : 1 tbsp
Orange juice : 1 cup
Vanilla Essence : 1 tbsp
Olive Oil: 1 tbsp
Baking soda: 1 tbsp
Cinnamon Powder : 1 tsp
1) Sieve the whole wheat flour. Mix all the ingredients for 8-10 minutes so that the batter becomes fluffy.
2) Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
3) Take the baking pan and grease it with oil. Now pour the batter in it. Immediately put it in the preheated oven and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
Yummy eggless whole wheat orange cake is ready to eat :):)
Mogar is my hubbys favorite, so to surprise him, I cooked METHI MOGAR ki Sabji for lunch yesterday:):)
Tasted yumm and very different from the normal sabzis that we cook…:):)
Mogar or Moong ki Dal ( Dhuli hui/washed): 100 gm
Green Methi: 200gm
Tomato: 2 small pieces
Red chili: 1 piece
Vegetable Oil: 2 tbsp
Spices (As per taste): Salt, Red Pepper, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Amchur , Asofetida, Jeera
1) Wash Methi and dry them with a cloth
2) Add oil in a pan. When it is heated, add jeera seeds, asofetida and red chili in it.
3) Now add mogar ki dal in the pan and let it heat on the medium flame for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir it multiple times in between.
4) Now add chopped methi and tomatoes. Add all the spices mentioned above and mix them thoroughly.
5) Now heat it for 10 minutes on medium flame. In the end, add garam masala and amchur. Mix the sabzi well.
Serve methi mogar hot with garmagaram chapati.
With kids around, here is another JHATPAT recipe that I use for my lunch /dinner. JHATPAT RED AND GREEN CHILI ACHAAR..:):)
Perfect with garma garam aloo ka paratha ..yumm!!
Green Mirchi or Chili: 100 gm
Red Mirchi or Chili: 100 gm
Sarso ka Tel or Mustard Oil: 200 gm
Gandhi Achaar Masala or Any Pickle Masala ( can be found in any grocery store in India)
If ready pickle or achaar masala is not available, then use these spices:
Yellow Mustard Daal( peeli rai ki daal) – 2 tablespoon
Danamethi- 2 tablespoon
Sauf -2 tablespoon
Kalaunji -1 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder – 2 tablespoon
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Laung 8-10 pieces
Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida ( Haldi) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 2 tablespoon
Crush all these spices in a grinder to get a powdered form.
1) Wash the chili thoroughly and dry them with a cloth.
2) Cut the chili in half and take out the seeds in it.
3) Now put the Achaar masala in between the cut halves of chili.
4) Heat the Mustard or sarso ka tel and then pour it over the chilis.
Jhatpat MIRCHI KA ACHAAR is ready to eat.