Lemon : 250 gms
Sugar: 250 gms
Vegetable Oil :1 teaspoon
Ready Pickle Masala ( if it is available) – 70-75 gm
If ready pickle or achaar masala is not available, then use these spices:
Yellow Mustard Daal( peeli rai ki daal) – 2 tablespoon
Danamethi- 2 tablespoon
Sauf -2 tablespoon
Kalaunji -1 tablespoon
Red Chili Powder – 2 tablespoon
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Laung 8-10 pieces
Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida ( Haldi) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 2 tablespoon
Crush all these spices in a grinder to get a powdered form.
- Wash lemon and cut each lemon in 4-6 pieces. Remove all the seeds out.
- Grind the lemons with the outer covering in a grinder for 3-4 minutes and make sure that the mixture is not too fine.
- Mix the vegetable oil in the masala.
- Now add sugar and masala in the lemon mixture. Now take and entire mixture and churn it in the grinder for 1 minute.
- Take the chutney out in a jar. Eat it after 2 days.
This chutney is good for a year and is not required to be stored in refrigerator.
Enjoy it with garma garam paratha, mathri or puri…..