Pieces of Kaccha Aam (Keri or raw mango):1 bowl /250 gm.
Mustard oil or as per your choice: 125 ml or 1/4 bowl
Salt:2 teaspoons or as per your taste
Fenugreek seeds: 2 teaspoons
Fennel seeds: 2 teaspoons
Yellow mustard dal:2 teaspoons
Black seeds (Kalonji): ½ teaspoon or as per taste
Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon or as per the taste
Turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon or as per the taste
Asafoetida (heeng): ¼ teaspoon or as per the taste
Cumin seeds (zeera): 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
[You can use readymade aachar masala (80 gm. or as per your taste) which is available in the market in place of above spices.]
- Ensure that you wash Kaccha Aam properly before cutting into pieces.
- Put Kaccha Aam pieces in one bowl then add spices except asafoetida, kalonji, and cumin seeds. Mix it properly with spoon.
- Put a pan on gas and add oil, asafoetida, kalonji, and cumin seeds then heat on medium flame. Put the gas off. Cool it.
- Now add oil in Kaccha Aam and spices mixture and mix it properly so that oil floats on top of the pickle in the jar.
- Fill it in air tight jar.
Serve with cold paratha, bread, mathri and khakra etc.!!