In winters, a garmagaram cup of chai is loved by everyone in Indian household. Add this chai masala to it,not only it becomes tasty but also healthier for everyone.
Elaichi or Cardamom: 10 gm
Long por cloves: 10 gm
Black Pepper (whole) : 10 gm
Badi Elaichi ( Doda) : 10 gm
Cinnamon: 4-5 pieces
Sauth ( dry ginger ) : 4-5 pieces
Tej Patta or paat : 12-15 leaves
- Crush the whole pieces in small pieces and then grind the entire ingredients above in a grinder.
- Add a pinch of this masala in one cup of tea and enjoy the healthy and tasty chai masala in winters.
Today’s Guest Recipe of the Week is by Vidisha Srivastava.
Urad Dal ke Phare
Urad Daal, Green Chili, Onion, Garlic Paste, Salt, Turmeric, Red Chili Powder and Water.
- Drench Urad Dal for a night.
- Then grind dal in grinder.
- Mix salt n green chilies into the dal.
- Then dough the flour as like doughing flour for chapati .
- Boil water with one teaspoon oil.
- Make small size gujiya or any shape from filling dal in dough flour balls.
- Drop the gujiyas into boiled water.
- After 15 minutes, check the gujiyas if it is cooked.
- When gujiyas are cooked, take 1-2 garlic n grind it.
- Take some oil in kadhai n fry the chopped onions.
- When onion becomes light brown, then mix 1/2 teaspoon turmeric into it.
- After 30 sec, mix the garlic paste , red chilli powder and salt according to taste . Fry it for 10 mint.
- Serve it hot Yummm!
If you are interested in featuring your recipe as guest recipe of the week, you can mail the recipe and picture to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gatte is a Rajasthani special dish and is loved by all…try it and you will be surprised how tasty they are. Here is the recipe for chatpate onion gatte:
Gatte: One Bowl ( Take 1 cup besan ( gram flour or chickpea flour) and mix salt, hing (asofetida), red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and fennel seeds powder. Also add one teaspoon oil. Add little water and make dough of it. Make long rolls out of it . Boil it for 15 minutes in water. Cut the roll now in small round pieces)
Onion: 2 small pieces
Green Capsicum : 1 piece
Tomato: 2 small pieces
Green Chili: 1 piece
Ginger: 1 piece
Olive or Vegetable Oil – 2 tablespoon
Spices: mustard seeds, asafetida, salt, red pepper , coriander powder, garam masala, kasuri methi ,haldi powder
- Cut the gatte roll in small round pieces.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add mustard seeds and asafetida. Add chopped onion and saute it till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped green capsicum and tomaotes and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Now add cut green chili and ginger along with spices ( as per taste). Mix all of them thoroughly.
- If you find it a little bit dry, add two tablspoons of fresh curd in the last and mix it.
This week we are featuring delicious coconut ladoo reicpe by Surabhi Haroon.
1) Take freshly grated coconut (4 cups) and keep half cup aside.
2) Put 3 and a half cup of grated coconut in a kadhai.
3) Stir it for 5 minutes on medium heat. Then add pistachio powder and mix well. Pour half tin of condensed milk and cook it well for 15 minutes till the coconut mixture leaves the sides of the pan and turns a little brown. Put of the heat. Let it cool.
4) Make ladoos n roll them in the coconut kept aside.
Your yummy coconut ladoos are ready.
Optional:- Before rolling them in grated coconut you can dip them in melted chocolate as well. Then they will become chocolate coconut ladoos.
Dahi bhalle is a popular Indian snacks liked by almost everyone in the family. Today I am sharing the recipe of chatori chaat wale dahi bhalle with you!!
Urad Daal: 1 bowl
Mung Daal:1/2 bowl
Curd: 300 gm
Vegetable Oil for deep fry
Sweet Tamarind Chutney : As per taste
Green Corinader Chutney : As per taste
Spices: Salt, Red pepper powder, Roasted Jeera powder
- Soak Urad and Mung Daal overnight or for 4-6 hours in water.
- Now separate water from the daal and grind it in a grinder.
- Now add salt in the grinded daal mix and mash it in a bowl. This helps the daal mixture to become soft.
- Put oil in a deep pan or kadhai and heat it on high flame.
- Now make small circular shaped pakoras out of the daal mixture. You can use a teaspoon to make circular shaped pakoras or bhalle in the kadhai. In the teaspoon take the mixture and drop this mixture on the top of the oil. Fry the bhalle or circular shaped balls in the kadhai from both the sides.
- Once the bhalle are ready, take warm water in a bowl and dip these bhalle for half an hour.
- Now take out all the water from these bhalle using your hands.
- Mash curd properly so that it is in fine form. Once that is done, put the bhalle in curd.
- Now put green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney on top of the bhalle. Add all the spices as per taste.
- Use Namkeen boondi for garnishing.
Besan ke Laddu is my son in law’s favorite sweet and I have been making them ever since I can remember about my cooking. So today, I am sharing this extra special laddus with you.. Ingredients: Besan – 250 gm Ghee – 150 gm Crushed Sugar – 200 gm Elaichi Powder – 5-6 pieces Recipe:
- Take a pan and heat ghee and besan together on slow flame for 30 minutes.
- Now keep it aside for 5 minutes and add sugar and elaichi powder in it.
- Make circular balls or besan ke laddu now when the mixture is warm.
You can add nuts also if you like. Enjoy….
Diwali is round the corner and I am sure one of the things that is in the mind of every wife,mom or mother in law is snacks and sweets to be prepared for the guests. So to ease your worries, I am sharing with you designer mathri recipe which is easy to make and is an instant hit with all the kids as they are of various shapes.
Whole Wheat Aata: 200 gms
Maida: 100 gms
Salt: According to taste
Ajwain: 1 teaspoon
Ghee: 50 gms
- Prepare a tight dough with warm water by mixing all the ingredients above.
- Cover it with a slightly wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Make circular balls and roll it into a big circular shape.
- Noweither with mathrimould or with a knife, cut the roll into various shapes ( heart, triangle, square etc.)
- Put the pan on the gas and add vegetable oil the heat on medium flame. Put mathri in the oil then fry them on medium flame till it becomes browny from both sides. Take out and cool it.
The designer mathris are ready to be served for your guests on Diwali with a garmagaram cup of chai.