Mogar is my hubbys favorite, so to surprise him, I cooked METHI MOGAR ki Sabji for lunch yesterday:):)
Tasted yumm and very different from the normal sabzis that we cook…:):)
Mogar or Moong ki Dal ( Dhuli hui/washed): 100 gm
Green Methi: 200gm
Tomato: 2 small pieces
Red chili: 1 piece
Vegetable Oil: 2 tbsp
Spices (As per taste): Salt, Red Pepper, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Amchur , Asofetida, Jeera
1) Wash Methi and dry them with a cloth
2) Add oil in a pan. When it is heated, add jeera seeds, asofetida and red chili in it.
3) Now add mogar ki dal in the pan and let it heat on the medium flame for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir it multiple times in between.
4) Now add chopped methi and tomatoes. Add all the spices mentioned above and mix them thoroughly.
5) Now heat it for 10 minutes on medium flame. In the end, add garam masala and amchur. Mix the sabzi well.
Serve methi mogar hot with garmagaram chapati.