Kadhi Kachori is a famous dish of Ajmer!!
Kadhi kachori is yummy and its taste is just mind blowing.
But how it is possible to make it healthy??
My daughter loves kadhi kachori butt her consition is that it should be healthy, so I tried this kachori with whole wheat and not maida. Now my daughter and every one is happy and on top of it I made it in Air Fryer!
Gram flour: 2 tablespoons
Curd: 1 bowl
Chopped Green chilli: 2 tablespoons and 1 piece
Curry leaves: 8-10 pieces
Grated ginger: 1 tablespoon
Spices- Salt, Red Chili Powder, Cumins seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Mustard Seeds, Hing and Garam Masala as per taste.
Vegetable oil- 2 tablespons
- Mix gram flour in curd properly, then add one glass of water.
- Put pan on the gas on medium flame then add oil. Add hing and fenugreek seeds and sauté it.
- Crush curry leaves, green chili and cumin seeds. Now add in the pan and sauté it.
- Add remaining spices and sauté it.
- Now add kadhi mixture and stir it till one boil. Now cook it for 40-50 minutes on low flame. You can add more water if required.
Moong Dal ki Kachori
Whole wheat flour -1bowl
Vegetable Oil: 3-4 tablespoon for moin
Salt – As per taste
Soaked and crushed moong dal -1/2 bowl
Chopped Ginger: 1 teaspoon
Chopped Green Chili: 1 teaspoon
Chopped Coriander Leaves: 2 teaspoons
Spices – As per taste: Salt, Cumins Seeds, Hing, Crushed Black pepper, Red Pepper, Crushed Coriander, Garam Masala, Dry mango Powder (Amchur), Black Salt and Crushed Saunf.
Vegetable oil- 3 tbspoon for saute and brushing the kachori
- Take Whole wheat Flour and put vegetable oil and salt in it. Make dough out of it (not too tight or loose).
- Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Put two tbsp oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, put cumins seeds, green chilly, ginger, saunf, coriander powder and hing then saute on medium flame
- Add moong dal and do sauté for 15-20 minutes.. Add remaining spices mentioned above and then mix them thoroughly. After heating it for 5 minutes on slow flame, take the masala in a plate and keep it aside so that it can become at room temperature.
- Take the dough and divide them into thin circular shaped balls like chapati. Roll them into flat piece (size of a regular puri).
- To make kachoris, roll out each portion of the dough into a 2.5 inch diameter circle.
- Place the masala in the center of the rolled out portion.
- Slowly stretch the dough to surround the filling with the dough.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 2 inch diameter circle to ensure that the masala does not come out.
- Now press the center of the kachori with your thumb in easy manner and surrounding equal.
- Pre heat airfrier for 5-8 minutes.
- Brush the kachori ball with oil for shining and put in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes. After 10 minutes of putting in the Air fryer, then change the side of the kachori.
- Put the kachori in the deep plate and add garma garam kadhi. Garnish with namkeen mixture, coriander leaves and green chill.
Kadhi Moong Dal kachori is ready to serve. Enjoy!