Yesterday I prepared delicious daal makhani which is my husband’s favorite for lunch. And it turned out to be amazingly tasty.
Here is the recipe:
½ Bowl of Whole Urad Lentils,
½ Bowl Rajma
½ Bowl Whole Masoor Lentils
Onion: 3 Medium sized pieces (2 for mixture and one for garnishing)
Tomato: 2 Medium size pieces
Garlic: 5-6 individual small pieces
Ginger: 1 small piece
Whole Green Chili : 1 piece
Red Chili: Kasmiri Powder 1/2tsp
Spice: Salt, Dhania powder, Garam Masala, Cumin seeds, Cumin powder (jeera powder), asafetida (hing) and Bay leaves (2 pieces)
Butter: 4-5 cubes
Desi Ghee: 2tsp
1) Wash the lentils with water and soaked for 4-5 hours
2) Grind onion, tomato, garlic, green chilli and ginger in mixer.
3) Put the lentils, 3 -4 bowl water, salt and bay leaves in a pressure cooker and boil it
4) Heat the pressure cooker at medium heat till 5-7 whistles comes.
5) Open the lid of the pressure cooker.
6) Put 2 tsp desi ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, asafetida (hing).Then add grinded mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes. Now add spices as above.
7) Add the boiled lentils and 1-2 bowls of water in it. Cook it till boiled at medium heat.
8) Now garnish with onion rings coriander leaves and butter cubes
The tasty and delicious daal makahani is ready to serve with chapati or parantha or naan or rice.