Green lentil (Daal) ke DokhleDokhla time….
Traditional and very common dish with a twist……I think dhokla is very common breakfast in our houses so try this new style of dhokla recipe and surprise your family…..
Green Moong dal (lentil)- 1 cup
Eno or Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Curd or Yogurt – 2 tsp
Ginger – 1 piece
Green Chili – 3-4 pieces
Vegetable Oil – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1/2 cup
Spices: Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Salt, Red chili Powder
Sesame seeds (til)-1 tsp for garnishing
- Soaked green dal in water for 4-6 hours then grind it in grinder with ginger and 2 piece of green chill alongwith ½ cup water.
- Add salt as per taste.
- If you have a steamer, add 1 glass of water in it and boil it. Add eno in the mixture now and put the mixture in the steamer pan and steam it. Cover the steamer with the lid and steam it for 15-20 minutes.
If you don’t have a steamer, take a pan, add water and use a 1-2 inch deep plate in which the mixture can be poured. Make sure to cover it with a lid or plate. After 15-20 minutes of steam, take the pan out and let it cool down.
- Cut the pieces in square shape.
- Now take oil in a pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Now add the square pieces in the pan. Add salt and red chili powder as per taste and mix it.
- For garnishing, add coriander leaves on the top and sesame seeds.
Serve them hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.