All Purpose Flour or Maida : 1 bowl
Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoon
Salt – As per taste
Chopped Cabbage-1/2 bowl
Chopped Onion-1/2 bowl
Besan (Gram Flour) or oats- 2tsp
Ginger: 1 piece
Green Chili: 2 -3 pieces
Spices – As per taste: Salt, Crushed Black pepper, Red Pepper, Crushed Coriander, Garam Masala, Dry mango Powder ( Amchoor), Black Salt, asafetida (Hing)
- Take All Purpose Flour or Maida and put vegetable oil and salt in it. Make dough out of it ( not too tight or loose).
- Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Put one teaspoon oil and hing in a pan. Once the oil is hot, put the chopped onions and saute till it becomes light pink. Add besan or oats and mix it then add chooped cabbage and all the spices mentioned above and then mix them thoroughly. After heating it for 5 minutes on slow heat, take the masala in a plate and keep it aside so that it can become at room temperature.
Making the Crispy cabbage roll :
- Take the dough and divide them into big circular shaped balls then make thin large size chapati then spread cabbage masala on it. It should cover the chapati properly and evenly distributed.
- Now roll it properly and press it then kept in fridge for thirty minutes to make it set.
- Take out from fridge and brushing with oil on all side.
- Now cut the pieces.
- Pre heat the airfryier at 180 degree then put the cut pieces in it. Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
- Take it out from the fryier.
Serve crispy cabbage roll hot with garima garam chai ( Indian Tea) and tomato sauce/green chutney on a rainy day…the perfect combination…Enjoy!!